As a pastor, you know the importance of discipleship in the life of believers in the local church. You want to help others grow to become mature and equipped followers of Christ but you don't feel confident to know how to do that so that movement starts and reproduces.
In this group coaching course you will experience a taste of "life on life missional discipleship" so you can effectively start a discipleship movement in your church.
We will look at the foundations, philosophy and practical strategies of experiencing Jesus through his plan of life on life missional discipleship.
This leadership course is designed for pastors who:
- are a mature believer who has a heart to help others grow spiritually
- want to have a proven process for making and training disciples
- are frustrated with the challenge of developing leaders
- see that most small groups really aren't producing mature and equipped followers of Christ
- want to help others grow but don't have a reproducable strategy to do it
- need a tested curriculum with a proven track record
What could be the results of faithfulness and fruit in your discipleship ministry?
- You would be used by God to help people become mature and equipped followers of Jesus.
- You will have a process to help other believers grow.
- Other men and women will be intentionally challenged spiritually and they will step up to lead.
- The places where the people live, work, play and worship could begin to change for the good.
- Giving may increase as people grow spiritually.
Here's how the Pastor's Ignition Group works:
- 10-12 pastors who share a passion for making disciples will form the group.
- We will study units from the resource called "The Ignition Guide".
- We will have a 10 weekly meetings for 1.5 hours where you will experience a life on life missional discipleship group.
- You will see a practical model of how to lead your own Ignition Group in your church.
- You will be prepared to lead a discipleship group of your own.
- You will have two coaching calls with Rev. Charles Hooper, Jr. to work on your unique implementation plan.
- You will get access to purchase a curriculum and resources which have been effectively used around the world.
2018 Schedule and Topics
- March 4 Introductions and Overview
- March 11 Unit 1:
- March 18 Unit 2:
Trainer / Facilitator
Rev. Charles N. Hooper, Jr. was on the pastoral staff at Perimeter Church for 11 years. He was on the Life on Life Missional Discipleship Strategy Team and was one of the architects who developed the training process (clinics, leadership communities, and individual coaching) which churches around the world have experienced. He is the author of the resource The Ignition Guide. Charles is also a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation. In 2013, he started Hooper Leadership Coaching LLC to provide Executive Coaching to leaders in the marketplace and vocational ministry.
- Date: March 3-May 15 on Thursdays from 10:00-11:30 am EST
- Location: Zoom Video Conference
- Cost: $947 (includes course materials and two 60-minute coaching calls valued at $600)
- If you have questions, email Charles at email@example.com